Friday, November 2, 2012

Attitude of Gratitude


In some circles, the month of November is always considered Gratitude Month -- I'm sure due to no small coincidence that Thanksgiving falls in there.

For the past few years, I have tried to make it a point to express each day something I am grateful for. Could be big or small. Just something I appreciate at that moment or perhaps always.

Yesterday I appreciated my ability to focus. Today, after a rough night of sleep (or lack of it) I appreciated the sound of my coffee pot brewing at my work desk. Oh did I need caffeine! But that wasn't all. Of course, God always gives me several things to appreciate!

Let's see...
  • Got lots done at work so I don't have to do any this weekend.
  • Had dinner at El Mezcal with hubby (Carter's loss that he doesn't like Mexican). 
  • Went shopping at Wal-Mart and ran into some dear friends we haven't seen in awhile. A happy huggy reunion in aisle 7. Ha.
  • Then came home and discovered the UPS man had stopped by and delivered my new "fall fashion boots." Oooh-la-la! Maybe I'll take a picture of them when I have an equally fashionable ensemble. That may take awhile. I am too old to be that cool.
  • Hubby just informed me the Hallmark Channel is showing round-the-clock Christmas movies THIS WEEKEND already!!
See? All that in one day and the night is still young! I don't think I'll have any problem keeping my gratitude top of mind this month. Will you join me in the Gratitude Challenge?

Trust me, you will think of many things that you are thankful for. When you are ready to tear your hair out over work or kids or some other stress, stop, take a deep breath and think of some blessing God has given you that day.

It's so easy 'cause He's just that good!

No comments: