Sunday, November 18, 2012

Not Enough Hours

Most of us at one time (or multiple times) or another have felt there are not enough hours in the day. Usually it's not because we're enjoying the day so much we want it to last longer. Mostly, it's because we have so much to do and not enough time.

I just couldn't get enough things ticked off my list of Things to Do today!

Went to 8 o'clock church, then stayed between services to video people sharing their "hero of faith" stories. Then Carter and I headed to ShopKo to get him some pants. He was in desperate need of some more khakis for school. After wasting too much time there, had to swing by DQ since that closes tonight for the season.

By the time I got home, I realized I better get my grocery list together for our meals, Thanksgiving and cookie bake stuff. Plus, I needed to buy a few wallpaper-stripping supplies. So off to Wal-Mart I went and wasted more of my day.

Then when I got home, I quickly put stuff away and had to sneak in a run since it was a 50-degree day again. I was wearing blaze orange but only went 2 miles where I knew it was too residential for hunting. Had to be safe.

Got home and started laundry, supper and cookies. I swear the first time I sat down since this morning was 7 p.m. And I still didn't get to my "Saturday chores" or actually strip any wallpaper. Now that I sat down, I don't know if I can get up.

Hubby said he could give me more hours in the day if I wanted it. He'll just set his alarm for 4 a.m. and kick me out of bed. Hmmm. I think I'll accept my unproductive day and try to tackle some more tomorrow!

No comments: