Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Golden Tickets

Powerball fever is definitely sweeping through my neck of the woods. Probably yours, too, with tonight's jackpot estimated at some $500 million. Even the cash payout of maybe $280 million isn't too shabby either.

Hubby and I play the numbers regularly -- same ones week to week -- so we don't think it's fair that people who just buy it when it's "big" have the same chance of winning. Like a piddly little $8 million jackpot wouldn't be enough??

I guess we're guilty of doing that, too, though. We are in with 40 other people at work, who only do this when it gets "big." As in big enough to split between 42 people and maybe allow us all to retire. Quickly. Oh the dream!

So we have our tickets and, as usual, I won't give it another thought until I hear about the winners... usually from some other state.. or someone who's won before. Whoever has the Golden Ticket is going to have one heckuva holiday season!

But don't you worry about me. A friend just tormented me with this picture from her kitchen counter...

This season is heaven for mint lovers. And I don't need millions to enjoy it! Maybe a thousand minutes on the treadmill, but if I win the lottery, I can pay someone to do that for me!

Back to dreamland...

No comments: