Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Back on Track

The first rude awakening was hearing an alarm for the first time in 7 days. Oh yes, I was that spoiled. Back to reality today after being out of the office from Wednesday to Monday.

After dropping off the steamer at 8, we got a little bit of a late start to work but was neck deep in "it" in no time once I got there. Plenty to catch up on and get on pace for my normal deadlines. Was pretty productive and even made my lunch-hour trip over to the fitness center.

That was a tougher reality than the alarm. To illustrate...

Yup, a bit of a challenge today. But hey, I went and am doing my best to get back on track.

From work, we went straight to the high school for the girls basketball games. I was able to watch JV play (Carter's classmates mainly) and they kicked butt. Then I had to work concessions for the Varsity game. So I not only missed my "adopted daughter" playing on her 17th birthday, I also missed a major butt kicking -- something like 70-23 over Pittsville. Gosh, I hope the rest of the season goes as well!

Got home just before 9:30 so we're having a bit of a late night here at the Austin household... Carter started homework, I started some laundry and hubby's taking out the trash.

Life it back on track... just a few hours behind.

No comments: