Friday, November 9, 2012

TGISF (Thank God it's Scrappin' Friday)

It was probably a good thing we had to give Carter a ride to school today. That way I was up and out of bed at 7:05 and yes, somehow out the door by 7:10.

Why yes, that does mean I didn't shower. And yes, it does mean I looked like a slob. And yes, I was extremely lucky I did not run into anyone I knew at Wal-Mart or the gas station. I'm really lowering my standards by allowing myself out of the house looking like that! Ah well. It is the weekend!

I did shower before my scrap sister Jenny came to pick me up at 10 and we were on the road to Stevens Point. While Point is only 25 minutes away, it took us 4 1/2 hours to arrive at the hotel. We had a required detour to Wausau to check out the new Hobby Lobby (pause for a moment in awe), then met Jenny's hubby for lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings, where were unlucky enough to have the world's slowest and least eager to please waiter on the planet.

That is why it took us so long to get here!

Now that we're here we've been busy scrapping away. I am coming along fine on Carter's Middle School book. First pages I do in the morning will be 8th-grade baseball. If I stay on task -- without major detours like today -- I foresee a productive weekend.

Need rest to accomplish that so it's lights out for me.

No comments: