Saturday, November 17, 2012

Mad Town

The 3 of us had a great day down in Mad Town, aka Madison for you out-of-staters.

Thanks to some friends with season tickets, Jim and Carter got to go to the Badger game and I visited my friend Julie from grade school, high school and life!

We got down there about noon so we could eat lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings. Since that is connected to the East Towne Mall and we got done eating by 1, I shopped for exactly 22 minutes before we had to depart for the stadium.

What can you get in 22 minutes? Well I got 2 presents taken care of, believe it or not. I had a "welcome to the big city" moment when the checkout guy admired my nail polish. I said, "Oh, it's magnetic." He says, "As in made of magnets or magnetic because it makes me look at it?" I explained the magnet thing and where I got it and he said he'd have get some. For himself! Ha.

Our game plan was that I would drop off the guys at some point close to Camp Randall but far enough away that I would be able to park there on my return. Found a good spot 6 blocks away and that worked out great. I just went south on that street and it turned into Hwy 14 south of Madison and took me right to Julie's town of Oregon.

Other than programming my GPS incorrectly and pulling into their neighbor's driveway, I had a great afternoon there! We looked through some of my scrapbooks to give her ideas for her daughter's graduation one. Then we made some yummy mint chocolate cookies I can use for my upcoming cookie exchange. I'm quite sure our high school Home Ec. teacher would be very proud of us! Working as a team like we spend every weekend in the kitchen together!

There's something to be said about friendships that not only withstand the test of time, but distance, too!

I left her place when the game was almost done and headed back up to town. Had no problem meeting up at our parking spot. Even though the Badgers lost to Ohio State, they had a great time. And stayed warm. Carter was thankful we "forced" him to bring a jacket. Otherwise, he honestly thought 55 degrees meant shorts weather!

Since I pretty much demanded they take the little camera with them, here are some highlights from the game and the "fifth quarter" with the marching band!

We're here!
Waiting for the team to take the field!

Not bad seats. Can see the huddle!
Seeing a goal-line scoring attempt on the big screen.

Half time entertainment!
Game over. Loss for the Badgers does not stop the Fifth Quarter action!
Fifth Quarter fun!
Chilling out.

Post game report from the sidelines... Carter liked how they did the wave and some interesting cheers going on between the student sections! He had a good time!
On the way back to the car, they say Barry Alvarez (black sweater). I think they could have used their former coach today.  Just sayin'
 


No comments: