Saturday, February 2, 2013

Furry Friend

I'm not really a cat person, though I have come to love our pretty kitty. Hair balls and all. Now, I believe I could love another furry critter... Punxsutawney Phil!

Oh yes, from the perch of "Gobbler's Knob," the prognosticator of prognosticators finally predicts an early spring! After several days of sub-zero temperatures, I for one can hardly wait. And so help me, if he is wrong, I am going to track down his furry... face.

I don't joke about the cold.

And Mr. Deck Chair and I certainly don't take lightly any possibility OUR days in the sun will come sooner than expected this year.

We did get above zero today. In fact, the Weather Channel reports today's high was 11 degrees at 1:45 p.m. when conditions were sunny. Just warm enough for the guys to shovel the snow we got last night and nice enough we could run around and take care of errands and even take in a few basketball games.

Some of the boys Carter plays tournament team baseball with are on Assumption's 8th-grade tournament team for basketball. So we watched them in a few games and Carter hung out with some friends there for awhile.

Tonight he is over at some girl's house with some other girls AND boys watching movies. Since I could smell his fake cologne from across the dining room, I asked if he thought this was some sort of date. After the expected eye roll, he gives me the "No Mom. It's not against the law for boys and girls to be just friends."

Oh, OK. Glad we have that straight. And doubly glad hubby talked to the parents to confirm my son was telling the truth. Ha. I did warn Carter he has our trust when he goes places so he better not blow it.

You don't even want to know how long it took me to forgive Phil that year he was wrong about spring.

Oh, Phil. Please make me forget!


No comments: