Monday, February 11, 2013

Room With A View

Remember last year when I managed to get a nice hummingbird picture -- after about 323 attempts? Well every time a cardinal comes to our bird feeder, I miss it. Carter sees them. Jim sees them. I never do.

The other day Carter took this one and said, "Here, now you have one for your blog."

Works for me! Of course, I won't give up. One of these times I will see them out the back window and will have my camera in hand. In the meantime, it's good to know I've got Carter looking out for me!

Just as much as much I would love to capture a cardinal on "film," our poor sentenced-to-life-indoors kitty would love to capture the obnoxious red squirrel that torments her out the front window. She should thank me. I actually did capture it!

But only on film. Sorry, Sylvester.

He looks so cute and innocent, doesn't he?

But then... "There he goes, Kitty! Get 'em!"

Oh, that stinkin' squirrel! Just mocking her and her imprisonment. If only kitty would realize that she is snug inside while the birds and rambunctious rodents are stuck out in the bitter cold.

Then she'd be content with her station in life. Of course, I think from her lofty pedestal (several of them actually), she's gotten that figured out.


Now if only I would be as content when I miss out on things. Maybe just enjoy the rooms with a view and capture it in my mind.

Then take a nap...


No comments: