Monday, February 18, 2013

Highs and Lows

We had off today for the Presidents Day holiday! I did some work from home and Jim went to work to get a few things done before heading to Milwaukee, where he flies out of in the early morning for Memphis.

My highs today:
  • I slept in again past 8 a.m. Whoot!
  • It was almost 40 degrees out so I got a nice outdoor run in!
  • I have 90% of my packing done for this coming weekend's Camp Crop-A-Lot!

My mediums today:
  • I ended up spending most of the rest of the time at the computer, working on a special project for a friend. It was good I had the time to do it. It's just that I had DVR'd at least one Hallmark movie plus another movie I wanted to see. Guess I'll have to wait on that!

My lows today:
  • Rode with friends up to Wausau to watch our undefeated Assumption girls take on conference rivals Newman. It's always a tight battle between these two schools. When they played in our "house," we won. Tonight, the Cardinals claimed victory on their home turf. Dang. There goes a perfect season. At least we are still conference champs and seeded #1!
  • I told Carter to ride the bus home today. Then he calls after school and reminds me there is NO BUS today because public schools weren't in session. ... Which we knew because Jim gave him a ride TO school. Duh me. I guess I do deserve his eye rolls once in a while! (But I'm only admitting that ONCE.)
Good thing I know how to forgive myself! Saw this illustration today and thought it appropriate for all of us who make mistakes -- then learn from them!


No comments: