Sunday, February 24, 2013

Happy Campers

Greetings from the Sticks... otherwise known as rural Rosholt (that's redundant) where Internet connection is sketchy at best. But since I found a "hot spot" in our scrapping hall tonight, I will blog quickly while I have it!

On Friday morning, we woke up to maybe 3-4 inches of snow or so. But it was coming down lightly so we weren't too concerned about heading up here. Add to that the fact that hubby was home -- after an atrocious drive home from Milwaukee airport Thursday night -- and willing to snowblow so we could go.

Julie and I got here by 11:30 a.m. ... And all details are pretty sketchy after that.

What I do know is we didn't get enough sleep, but we did get enough food (and treats).

I know that Julie didn't have much scrapping experience coming into this weekend, but she caught on quickly and created more than 30 fabulous pages! As a bonus, it was just awesome to spend time with her!

I also know that I can't fit all 6 of Carter's elementary school years into one album, but now I can say I finished an album! Grades 1 through 3 are done and now I am working on 4th grade in the new, second album.

I am glad I decided to stay through Sunday night so I could keep working. There are 15 of us (of the 55 attending) enjoying an extended stay. Julie left late this afternoon to go home south of Madison. She texted me awhile ago that she made it home safely but forgot her coat, gloves and scarf here. A scrapbooker's priorities in the dead of winter are Cricut and papers first, outerwear second. At least she had her "mummy" sleeping bag with her to keep her warm if she needed it!

I can't give her too much grief about not thinking straight after 3 days of scrapping. When I finally got on the Internet tonight, I grabbed the tape runner sitting next to my laptop and wondered why my "mouse" wasn't working!

Uff da. I better get back at it while I still have a few brain cells left!

No comments: