Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Terrific Tuesday

Why was my Tuesday terrific? Let me count thy ways...

"Hey, I know you": It was nice to wake up in bed next to my hubby instead of a body pillow -- or the cat -- for a change. As a bonus, I got 8 hours of sleep. In a row! Great way to start my "Monday."

I scream, you scream: Found out mid-morning that King Cone already opens March 1st for the season! Wait -- that's this Friday already! Whew. Good thing I didn't give up ice cream for Lent.

Foto Fun: Uh-oh. Robyn learned a new photo image manipulation skill today! All together now... Ooooooh..... Ahhhhhh. Is is not cool or what?? (Thanks, Brenda, for giving me the inside scoop!)


Empty Bowls: We had our wrap-up meeting tonight to discuss the success of our fundraiser for hunger. It was so encouraging to hear that everyone on the committee heard positive comments about everything -- from soup to bowls. We will be helping some great causes in the South Wood County area and there is a second event for next year already in the planning stages!

A Royal butt-kickin': From that meeting, I headed over to Assumption to catch the first round of the girls basketball playoffs. As the No. 1 seed, we played against Granton, the No. 8 seed in our bracket. There was quite a mismatch of talent. When I walked in at the end of the 3rd quarter, we led 66-3. I had to do a double-take. Final score -- and this is not a typo -- was 79-3. Uff da. Long ride home for the Bulldogs. Now we play Friday night.

Good thing the only thing blue about my day was my fingernail polish!

No comments: