Friday, February 1, 2013

Take Two

OK, somehow it's already month number two in 2013. Here I thought February was the shortest month of the year, but January just flew by. And I didn't get everything done I needed to.

First, I realize I didn't even get my beautiful photographic calendar from my sister hung up anywhere. I usually hang it at work but I have that firefighters' calendar that hubby gave me hanging there. (Don't want to hurt his feelings and not hang that up.) At home, I have one that has mega spaces each day because we often have to squeeze 3 or 4 events in one square. Sorry, Rayna, I WILL find a spot for your special planner. I know I'm missing out on some great pictures!

Second, I haven't gotten into the habit yet of writing 2013 on my checks (or anywhere). I'm still changing 12's to 13's but making it look like a natural 13. Must be working. It hasn't stopped anyone from cashing my checks!

Third, I was planning to celebrate a blogging milestone but now that event is over. So instead of raising a glass of Coke Zero and toasting my 2,000th blog post, we are saying "cheers" today for number 2,006! Maybe I should have held off for 2,013. Of course, I was pondering retirement at 2,000. Now I might have to wait 'til 3,000 to keep it an even number!

Fourth, I really haven't given my new year's resolutions a chance to even glimpse success. I am not giving up, though. It's a new month so we get another new chance. Just like in the movies. If the first take isn't good, we "take two."

Sounds good to me.

2 comments:

desi said...

congrats on the milestone! don't stop -- i look forward to reading "On the Light Side" every night. :-)

Robyn Austin said...

Thanks, Debi!!!