Friday, February 8, 2013

Melt Down

I had to work from the home office for two reasons today: One, I had to be here to let the drywaller in. Two, I had a doctor's appointment at the end of the day.

Somewhere between there I lost my Internet connection, thus connection to my work computer, so I found something creative to do. You guessed it... take pictures!

If one was just looking out the window and seeing the sunshine and the icicles melting, one would think we are in the midst of a major warm-up. Not the case. The sun did help melt the icicles but it was only 20 degrees. In my book, that feels warm compared to recent weeks!

I was just happy to have a picture or two turn out. Here's one I designed for my Facebook page. (Yup, the Internet was down that long!)

That about sums up the day, too. But I'll fast-forward through that to tonight's fun.

Our Assumption girls hoops team played rival Wausau Newman at home and we finally beat them. And soundly. I think it was by 20 points, which is unheard of in recent years. Last year we split the conference title with them. It would be nice to win our last 3 games and not only win the conference title, but enter playoffs undefeated. Our girls are 11-0 in conference games and I think now 19-0 overall this year.

Feel free to be impressed!

After the game, we went over to a friend's house to celebrate awhile. It is now almost 1 a.m. and I have an early morning so I'll wrap it up, get some decent sleep and hopefully not have any meltdowns tomorrow!

If I do, I hope they make pretty pictures at least.

No comments: