Tuesday, February 12, 2013

We Got The Bead, er, Beat!

I screwed up. I guess I was under the impression that Fat Tuesday was automatically followed by Skinny Wednesday. Are you telling me that is NOT the case?!

Dang.

I still don't think that would have stopped me from indulging in what I believed to be a bead-free, sin-free, guilt-free slice of Vanilla Bean Caramel Pretzel Cream Pie!

I mean I really had to have a piece. I brought it to work after all. I certainly didn't want anyone to think it was no good. If anything, I guess we'll have to blame the Schwan's man. (Though I honestly can't, at heart, because, well, he really is my best enabler.)

I did try to run it off on the treadmill at lunchtime. However, I doubt burning 300 calories was enough to cover that sinfully delightful dessert! And no, I refuse to look at the nutritional -- or in this case, non-nutritional -- info on the box.

Nope. I will just work it off for the next 40 days.

Most likely I'll skip any other attempts to get Fat or earn Mardi Gras beads. Especially with hubby out of town. One would guess that he is dancing -- well, grooving anyway -- his extra Fat Tuesday calories off tonight to an extremely loud beat.

Yup, just 3 days after receiving his AARP membership information packet in the mail, Jim is in Denver to see The Who, whom he saw 30 years ago on their "farewell" tour. The irony.

This probably will be their farewell tour, with 2 of 4 original members gone to that Classic Rock Station in the Sky. I know they still can rock it, though. And I'm so glad Jim got to fly out to visit his high school friend Pete, who went to that concert with him 3 decades ago. What a neat thing for them to do. Plus he gets to visit and sight-see a bit, too.

Maybe we should all start living like it's Fat Tuesday and live on the edge a bit. Or at least cross something fun off our Bucket Lists. A great concert or whatever.

Of course, next year at this time, Jim and I could do something together .... and cheaply with his AARP discount!

No comments: