Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Hump Day

These weeks that begin with a Monday holiday really screw up my mindset. Go ahead and say it. It doesn't take much!

Today is already hump day, which on a normal week means, "Yay! Weekend is almost here!"

This week, however, it means, "Holy crap! The weekend is almost here! I have to get my work done to be off on Friday and Monday. Need to get my scrap organized and set to go! Plus this, that and the other thing... that thing I better write down or I'll forget!"

Work was busy today. On the way home, I stopped at our tax guy's house in Stevens Point to give him our documents. I also swung by Michaels looking for one particular item. You would be proud of me. It wasn't there so I walked out without spending a dime. (Hold the applause.)

I picked Carter up from school, dropped him off at home and ran a few more errands in town to get gas, last-minute items for Camp Crop-A-Lot and some groceries. I had to stop in the local scrapping store for a quick check to see if they had what I was looking for. About 30 minutes later, I walked out with a few items. Not the one thing I was looking for, but a few things I will use. (Aren't you glad you held your applause?)

When I got home, I told myself, "No TV tonight! You have too much to do!" So I set the DVR to record Modern Family and American Idol.

I made the mistake, though, of sitting down to watch American Idol while folding some laundry. Most of the female contestants they had on tonight were amazing. So I sort of kept folding -- or pretending to -- and saw most of the show. Whoops.

I still got lots done. I will just have to be super "on task" tomorrow. If it's the day after Hump Day, I better be careful or it will all be downhill from here.

No comments: