Thursday, February 7, 2013

Glazed Over

I don't mind a glazed doughnut now and then. But I can do without glazed over roads and vehicles.

They (as in the weather gods) predicted freezing rain overnight and warned of a slippery morning commute. Before I left the house, I heard threats of ice, fog and snow. Yet, my drive to work was uneventful.

Looking out the window all day, I saw a fine mist coming down. I did not know that freezing rain could be so deceiving. It left a thin layer of ice on all of our cars in the parking lot, then piled some snow on top of it. Needless to say, it was the longest solo drive home I've had to accomplish. It really made me miss my chauffeur!

Good thing he's home now. For three days at least.

I got home in time for us to go to the boys basketball game. We got to watch part of the JV game then had to work concessions. The varsity game went so quickly, we missed it all. But I'm happy to report our Assumption boys beat Stratford.

When we got out to the car, we realized it was still snowing the whole time we were in there. Hubby was scraping off the car and the windshield wiper came off. Uh-oh. We need that. Good thing he's married to a gearhead. Even in the dark, with no gloves and dealing with ice, I got that wiper back together and on. And we were good to go.

Not really a nice welcome home for someone who's enjoyed the mild Texas weather... when not in airports or convention centers anyway. Maybe when our temps get into the 30s on Saturday and Sunday, he'll feel the love.

Maybe.

No comments: