Friday, July 26, 2013

Friday Fun

I am trying to blog and our cat is in the way. I cannot see the monitor through Sylvester's fluff and she is too busy "bathing" to move. So I am going to keep this short and hope I don't have too many typos.

It was a fun Friday.

Other than getting up early for work, it was all good. Got to exit early for "summer hours". Got to bond with Mr. Deck Chair awhile when we got home so I could finish the book I was reading. Then hubby and I had a date. A real movie date.

Last weekend, we watched the Bruce Willis movie RED on TV. Tonight we saw the sequel, RED 2, and it was awesome. Good action and great comedy. We both enjoyed it immensely. As a bonus, I get good, buttered popcorn for "supper."

On the way out, we got our free refill on the popcorn bucket and took that over the neighbors' across the street so we could enjoy a snack around the fire.

Had a nice evening christening their new fire pit. I will have to take a picture in the daylight. It is like a cement patio in the yard with the fire pit sunken down in the center. Very nice. The only thing it doesn't do is keep the smoke out of your eyes.

It was quite breezy tonight so the was not good for the smoke situation (Saying "I hate rabbits" didn't work either.). It did, however, keep the mosquitoes away. That and the temps in the 50s.

Yes, my friends and family in warm places, it is going to get down in the 40s at night the next few nights and only a high in the low 60s or so. Apparently we had our one week of summer and it is done now.

Good thing I've got warm fires with friends... And that four-season electric mattress pad!


No comments: