Sunday, July 28, 2013

Oom-Pa-Pa

Was pretty tired after getting home after midnight and not getting to bed until after 1:30 a.m. That is late for this old lady! I found the cure for energizing myself. And it isn't caffeine.

It's polka music!

Well, for today anyway. I put a little oom-pa-pa in my praise today by attending hubby's church, where they had a "Polka Mass." Seriously. They sing different parts of the service to the melody of polka songs. Fun and entertaining. Carter and I both enjoyed it.

The special service was followed by their annual Chicken Dinner so we had to partake in that, of course. Chicken, mashed potatoes, stuffing and more. Good comfort food on such a chilly day! (Yes I did have the heat on for awhile!)

Felt like taking a nap when we got home, that's for sure. And sort of did. Hung out on the couch a bit watching golf and NASCAR and baseball. Then decided I better put some oom-pa-pa into my chores.

Did some general cleaning then hit my Big List. This is my summer cleaning and decluttering list I put together thinking that now that baseball is over, I should have some free time on nights and / or weekends to tackle some of these things around the house.

Today I hit the two kitchen cupboards with bowls and storage containers (and more) in them. Took everything out and only put back the containers that had covers. Or I should say, I put back ALL the containers, but did not put back all the covers. Not the ones that had nothing to go on.

And there were a few orphans.

Just a few! How many covers are missing containers? Take a guess.

If you said 35, you are right on the money. Your prize? 35 plastic covers!

I have no idea where all those containers went over the past 10 years. I suppose they are hanging out with all the socks we've lost in the dryer. I was relieved that I only had 7 Cool Whip containers, though. I expected at least a dozen.

It's just good to get those cupboards organized and useful again. The next item I got to was cleaning out expired food. I got the two cupboards done that contain cooking and baking ingredients. That was too much. Sad to throw stuff but when it's hard as a rock, it's not going to make any cookie or cake taste any better. The next time I bake, I'll have to stock up on a few things!

I decided to call it a day after all that. Didn't have any oomph left to give. I have plenty more on my Big List and, hopefully, plenty more hours to get things done.

Just need to Roll Out The Barrel and get a move on...

No comments: