Saturday, July 13, 2013

Showtime :: Day Three

Today was my third and final day working -- and attending with joy, of course -- the car show. Instead of being in our trailer by the book tent, I got a new outlook on things down in the heart of the swap meet. And again, right near the bathrooms. What a view.

I was sharing the vending kiosk with a church group selling nachos, pretzels and, you guessed it, ice cream. Since it was just sandwiches and drumsticks, I managed to exhibit enough self control not to eat up any of my profits. My boss should be proud. I know I am!

I got done at 1 p.m. and made my way quickly home so we could head down to Adams for Carter's baseball tournament. Basically it was like going from one huge event to another -- the second being the largest skeeter convention I have seen in some time. Good thing I sprayed down before I left home!

The tourney was for the 16U team (Carter was called up from the minors, ha) and they lost, but we play again tomorrow. Got done with enough time to stop and eat good burgers and sandwiches at Trail's End Bar & Grill. Just got home and I am really exhausted -- but I am so dedicated to you, dear readers, I am posting random car show photos one more time.

And I mean random order AND random thoughts...

Smokin' in the boys room? Or a steaming pile?

I guess bib just aren't made for closing all the way!

Fashionably cooling head gear.

Just.... Why? Really. Why?

Patriotic sun catcher.

Those feisty redheads!

Not sure how to take that...

Missile Control Center. I don't think these qualify under Wisconsin's new concealed carry law.

Notice it says "your" bird... not THE bird! Car show folks are nice.

Don't know what he's selling or buying. I just get a kick out of the walking billboards.
This is how we roll...

Size matters... when it comes to your tires anyway.

Carter took pictures of cars he wanted us to buy.... I took pictures of ones we could afford!
Of course, I found one for myself... Viking canopy included!

Not sure why I thought of our racing friends when I saw this! (OK, I do know why.)

Sitting in the hot seat.

Not the best place to sit down with your kid for a break!

After zooming in, I discovered she has the Serenity Prayer tattooed on her back. Love the prayer ... not the pain, though!

Bachelors on parade??

When you just don't know what to do with those last strands of hair on top of your head.

"Woodie station wagons??? I thought you said Woodstock!"

Again with the bib closure problems!

Did you ever watch "Grizzly Adams"? I thought of that show today for some reason.

Camo gear for the mighty swap meet hunters.

Weird eye or weird Packer fan?

Elvis may still be alive! He's aged well.

I guess when you are married long enough, you become your husband's pack mule without complaining. I obviously haven't been married THAT long! (I also like the background action of the guys eyeing up the girl. Good lord.)

Daisy Duke called. She really wants them back!

A car show is just like a time capsule... Or  Sam Elliot movie.

Don't get stuck in traffic behind some ol' blue hair!

Found extra hair somewhere and fashioned it into a Mohawk.

Two times the fun... until they are hot and bothered like the rest of us.

I wanted to complain about MY job and working on Saturday. But then I saw this guy walking into the men's bathroom with a plunger. No complaints here, I swear.

We're just going to have to sue the bib company over these wardrobe malfunctions. That's all there is to it.

I thought it was underwear as a headband. And, well, I'm still not sure.

The Swap Meet is a Safari to this mighty hunter at least.

Close the door. Elvis hasn't left the building after all.

Train 'em young.

Ageless hair trend. Better this than the mullet, I say.

Good thing God believes it's what's on the inside that counts.
Whoa. Elvis has a twin brother, too.

A nice warm fuzzy at the end of the day.

What the fork? If you don't know what to do with those old forks, make them look like you are giving someone the bird.

Oh, and there were cars, too.

New public showers added this year!

God bless America... and you.... and good night!

No comments: