Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Thrifty Tuesday

There's an old (as in many months) rap song about "poppin' tags" at a Thrift Shop. The singer has 20 dollars in his pocket. He doesn't care if he is dressed in pink and gator shoes or in a velour jumpsuit and house slippers. "I wear your granddad's clothes, I look incredible..."

Plus, it was only 99 cents!

I don't necessarily shop at Goodwill that often but I typically consider the option when looking for something "unique" for a costume or prop -- usually for our sister weekend Opening Act. 
 
Today, though, after Carter and I had a less-than-stellar supper at Hong Kong Buffet (he picked the place), we were on a mission to pop some tags on a Hawaiian shirt! He's invited to a luau next weekend. Yes, we can have those in Wisconsin -- even in 70-degree weather.

So he started in the Men's section looking for that and I had my own items to look for. I needed a t-shirt to closely match the color of the ones my teammates are wearing in our upcoming Dirty Girl run. It's going to be cool. I will wait until we take photos that day to show what we're doing. Hate to spoil all the surprises -- because I am sure you care.

I also was looking for and found the perfect items for this year's Opening Act. It goes without saying that that information will be secured under lock and key indefinitely.

Carter did find a Hawaiian shirt... plus some funky neck ties... plus some suspenders Grandpa Hedberg would have been jealous of! We also found this...

It was tempting to buy but I don't even want to spend money on anti-Packer stuff. It's still spending money on the Pack somehow. Not gonna do it.

Plus, I DID only have $20 in my pocket and I was not going to waste it on that. Not that neon pink suspenders are a great investment. But at least they aren't green and gold.


No comments: