Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Raise the Rafters

It was our family preventative-health day. Carter and I had our 6-month dental cleanings and hubby had one of those fun screenings that occur once you turn 50. The good news is that we're all perfectly normal.

And you know I am the last one to judge "normal."

To celebrate, we went to the ballpark. (You thought I was going to say something about ice cream, didn't you?)

Our next-door neighbors won free tickets to a Wisconsin Rapids Rafters game and invited us along. After the rain clouds blew through, it was a nice night for baseball. The Rafters are our professional baseball team -- if you call talented college-age kids from all over the U.S. playing on one team in their own stadium "professional." I'm pretty sure it's a few levels down from a "farm team," but I don't know all that lingo.

I just know they do a good job of entertaining the crowds and, in this case, getting a sound win, 14-2, over the Alexandria Blue Anchors -- a team that any other night a lighthouse freak like me would probably cheer for!

It was a fun evening. Saw a few people we knew and Carter managed to find some people to hang around with so he wasn't forced to spend unnecessarily time with the parents. Except when he needed money.

Oh it feels so good to be needed!


No comments: