Thursday, July 11, 2013

Showtime :: Day One

First day of the car show featured very pleasant weather and, for Carter, a pleasant day in heaven.

He came with us today so he could browse and shop -- with Mom's money -- for license plates to add to his growing collection. This was definitely the place to be since this show has hundreds and hundreds of swap spaces with a hand-delivered inside scoop on where the license plate vendors set up. Carter was in his glory.

And he has 16 "new" plates to prove it!!

He is definitely a deal maker. And, naturally, wants to go back tomorrow now that he knows they also have hundreds and hundreds of classic cars for sale, too. I don't know where he gets the idea that his first car will be a classic "summer driving only" one. He's been paying too much attention to the guys I work with!

Other than Carter's treasure hunting, it was a kind of quiet day -- which the first day usually is. Most people take off on Friday and come. So I was proofing stories and trying to get a few things done. I occasionally glanced up and saw something blog-worthy. So here goes.

Also, since I have been bitten by a bug of conscience, I cropped out faces when I could.

Here's a few things Day One delivered...

This gentleman's sun shade is strapped on good so the breeze doesn't lift him to Mary Poppins' neighborhood.

I wish my hair was this long! Well, not in front.

The Porta-Potty Police take the hand-washing laws seriously!

"I don't care if I have to crawl on my hands and knees -- or walk on one foot -- I am going to the car show!"
An occasional beauty drives by.

Best way to see the car show... Pizza and a nap.


I was right. The '80s are NOT dead, says the former fan of preppy, turned-up collar polo shirts!

Our fearless leader showing off our new sports-wicking staff shirts. They will be nice as the mercury climbs the next two days!

I see London... I see France... I wish that you could close your pants!

A sweat band under a trucker's hat for extra absorption on a hot day.

Looking for his twin. I think I found him earlier.

Sun shade on the move with a sign that says, "I'm lost but I make good time." Love it!

Triplets? Seriously, we need a beard contest at the show.

My feet hurt after just wearing running shoes. I wonder how she felt at the end of the day with a little heel action. Not for me, thanks.

There may be a cutoff age for wearing "Daisy Duke" shorts, and I'm pretty sure it's long before the 70s. Just sayin'.

I see London... I see France...

This guy was hitching a ride with the woman on the motorized wheelchair.

I thought that was ingenious. Then I realized he didn't really need the chair. Unless he was using it as a walker. I hate to judge people without knowing them. Obviously.

Don't tell the kids, but Santa loves a classic car show when he is on summer vacation!
That's all for today,. App-hair-ently, I'll be BACK tomorrow!

A post-script.... Carter was so involved with his car show success, he forgot to grab his bat bag out of my trunk when he went home with Dad. He needed it for a 6 p.m. game. I closed up our vending sites and made record time to get him his bat, cleats and glove.

Since we were winning by 10 runs, I left to run errands and come home to finish laundry. While I was gone, Carter decided to hit a double over the centerfielder's head. Figures. Guess it pays to never leave a game (or car show) early. Who knows what you might miss!


No comments: