Monday, July 22, 2013

What Happens in Vegas...

Now I know why I am so annoyed with that overused phrase: "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas." It just doesn't fly when you're a mother!

The good news is that Carter is home safe and sound. I should focus on that rather than what may or may not have transpired since his Friday departure.

Actually, he was pretty good about showing me pictures and telling us what he saw. For example, here's a picture of a Lamborghini parked outside of their hotel.

The pictures I won't share are Carter and his buddy with the Hooters waitress -- they pretended they were fraternal twins and it was their birthday, the photos of him with random women that walked through the hotel lobby, from bachelorettes to... I'm not sure.

I told Carter, "I'm not going to post any pictures now that could come back to haunt you if you run for president some day."

He says, "I'm not running for office. I don't even like Congress."

I replied, "That's the point. You might want to change it."

Anyway, I doubt he would have forwarded me any other pictures. He did see Pete Rose (Jim's hero) but didn't get a chance to talk to him. He did, however, get to chat with several NBA players -- very tall with "big hands" -- while riding in the elevator. They were out there for summer league or something. I didn't recognize names since I only know a few from the Celtics team.

He also pointed out that if he worked at the Four Seasons Hotel, where they stayed, he could take business classes for college and they would pay for them. Oh that's nice. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Even though he already plans to go back for his 21st birthday.

With his fraternal twin, no doubt.

Did we miss him? Sure. I think Daddy's welcome home note reflects that...


No comments: