Saturday, July 20, 2013

Weekend Warrior

When the weather man promised a "cool" front today, I had high expectations for comfortable weather for yard work. The cooler temps did arrive -- but not until this evening. That didn't stop me from doing what I had to do!

First thing on today's agenda was a run. That's when I discovered it was still rather warm out! I just did a 3-mile run since I just started back at it this past week. That was far enough in the heat anyway.

Got home and hit the yard work. Now here's the thing. I have not been home much at all since oh, maybe April, between my dad being sick, work and baseball, baseball and baseball. I haven't had time to give the yard and any "garden" type areas any attention. And frankly, with two black thumbs, am not entirely motivated or knowledgeable about what sort of attention to give.

Today, I just wanted to get two overgrown areas cleared of weeds. It was a lot of work. I am so made for a desk job. Cannot handle manual labor! Well, actually, the mission trip taught me I can handle it. In small doses. And wearing gloves.

The good news is, with hubby's help and a weed whacker for certain parts, I got the areas done. The bad news is that I got a blister on my finger (wearing gloves) and I am golfing tomorrow. Ouch. Will tough it out as the weekend warrior that I am.

After yard work came the much-neglected housework. Yes, I will admit, not much has been done since I've turned 45. Seriously, with the mission trip then car show, I was not available until this weekend to clean. I think the house is actually smiling now!

We'll see if I am tomorrow. I am physically exhausted and know I used muscles today that haven't been used in awhile. To help us both recover, we went out for pizza in Point and then watched the neighbor girl's team play softball in a tourney in Point. (Yes, Carter is out of town and we still find ourselves at the ballpark.)

Speaking of Carter, he is having too much fun in Vegas. He did find time to text me. But mostly, he is ogling the scenery, I am sure. Wisconsin Rapids is going to seem boring when he comes back. No more baseball and a smaller list of chores to do.

I'm sure we can still find plenty to add. I'm not so ambitious I am going to do it ALL in one weekend!

No comments: