Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Mind Over Melting Matter

This heatwave continues with today being our hottest day of the year in Rapids, topping yesterday by 2 degrees or so, reaching 96 degrees.

Did I get out of the kitchen?

No. I actually am baking banana bread right now. Not kidding. With the air on it's fine. Trust me, these bananas had to get used today before a fruit fly convention threatened to launch in my home. Whew. Avoided that.

After driving and walking (minimally) in the heat and again trying to walk/run in the hot A/C at the fitness center, neither hubby or I had ambition to make supper. There's always a way to beat the heat, though. Just mind over (melting) matter. Jim had to run errands in town so he ate at Subway.

Carter and I went over to K.I. (that's Kellner International Bar & Grill) for rib night. He had the BBQ ribs (of course) and I (not a real fan of ribs) had a delicious pizza burger. While we were eating "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" came on their sound system. Is it a meat conflict to be listening to Meatloaf while eating ribs and burgers?

Yes, I do lose sleep over the weirdest things!

Tonight, though, promises to be an 8-hour sleep night. No baseball. Did not bring any work home. I am getting my baking done. I am pondering getting some housework done, but I may just enjoy the cool air-conditioning and read a book.

Hmm... something tells me I will NOT lose sleep over that decision!

Stay safe, cool and hydrated!!

No comments: