Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Tee for Two

While we could have been raising a cup of English tea to toast the new Prince George Alexander Louis, hubby and I opted for "tee" instead.

Yes, it has been officially more than a year since I graced a green with my presence. And I have no one to blame but myself. Today, since we had a rain check to cash, we opted to go after work to a little course down the road from Iola called Glen Cairn.

We never have trouble getting on there. It's not too busy. Today, since it was my first time out and I battle my stinkin' back issues, I suggested we just play 9 holes instead of 18.

While most golfers strive to get par on every hole, I am content with a par on ANY hole. And if I get one per 9 attempts, that's about my game. So today I got my par on the 3rd hole -- a par 5 no less -- so the pressure was off for me to enjoy the rest of the round.

While the course was not in the best of shape -- they quit watering some of it -- they do have some pretty areas. Purple's always good.

Waiting to tee off. It was a gorgeous and mild summer day. Just mid-70s for temps. Nothing to sweat over.

Jim tees off on a challenging hole. He ended up doing better than me by a bunch. But that is completely normal no matter how much practice I have. I finished with a 52 -- yes, for just 9 holes -- and I was completely content with that. That's pretty much what I shoot for, with those rare rounds where I get close to breaking into the 40s. That has only happened twice in my life, I think, and it's not about to again without regular playing time.

On our way home, we stopped at King Cone to celebrate. Actually, I just called it "supper."

And it goes good with "tee."

Cheers.



No comments: