Tuesday, July 9, 2013

On the Wild Side


One might think our pit stop at Six Flags in St. Louis was wild. But that didn't compare to some of the sights further south.

First of all, I need to protest the disclaimer that everything in Texas is big. I'm here to tell you that everything in Arkansas is pretty big, too!

I actually didn't mind the neon-green grasshoppers because they were smaller than my hand. Plus I love lime green!

This big fella, though, had us all screaming like girls. 'Cuz, well, we ARE girls! And he was big. Not as big as my hand, but much too close! ((shivers running down my spine))

Then there was the skull we found in Ms. Betty's backyard...

Don't be scared. It's not human. I'm guessing it's a dead Arkansas Razorback or something. We chose not to keep it. Wisely, I think.

You know you're a hick when... Hey, I couldn't make this up. I felt too overdressed to go inside and trust me, there is no rule about "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service."

When I was in a different convenience store -- for non-hicks -- I was quite surprised to see a big guy walk in without his shirt on. No one batted and eye but I sure turned my head. The other way, that is! Uff da.

Our wild time probably prepared me perfectly for the car show this week! Oh yes, it's the time again where you will see the weird, wild and wonderful through my eyes. It doesn't start until Thursday, though, so you'll have to suffer through one more blog -- probably about my "normal" life outside of mission work -- before I hit you with the good stuff.

Stay tuned. And keep walking on the wild side!



No comments: