Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Creative (Orange) Juices Flowing

So I have dubbed myself the Birthday Fairy at work. I brought in some Hello Kitty cupcakes last week (she's a big Kitty fan) and decorated a co-worker's cubicle with pink streamers.

This week, it just so happens that two people in our department have birthdays on Friday. But since Friday is the start of the long Labor Day weekend, the office will be pretty empty that day. So we're bringing treats tomorrow.

My co-conspirator is making a cheesecake for the guy and I offered to bring a healthy treat for the gal, who stays fit and fabulous eating good food and biking hundreds and hundreds of miles during the summer.

You know me. I wanted to think of something clever. And the creative juices literally started flowing! This is what I came up with...

You got your healthy orange slices for wheels, your healthy string cheese for the main body and your healthy pretzel stick for the handle bars.

Yup. Pretty proud of that creation!


I am not sure how the string cheese is going to hold up. It is threatening to break open. In fact, in my first "prototype" last night I used the orange and white string cheese combo and that did break open. I really wanted to match the bike wheels. Ha. So we'll settle for the white sticks and cross our fingers.

Went into mass production tonight and I only made enough to feed the department. Plus, there's only so many big, nice slices, er WHEELS, you can get out of an orange!!

I think she'll get a kick out of it anyway. Orange you glad I shared this?


No comments: