Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Itty Bit of Fit



Everywhere you look, there's someone wearing one of those fancy bracelets announcing to the world they have made exercise a priority in their life. Good for them.

After being shackled to a pedometer for several years for a health program at my "old job," I have such a sense of freedom not having to carry anything, even if it was conveniently handcuffed to my wrist.

Since hubby has been on a walking kick this year, I did get him a FitBit for his birthday. It looks like the one on the left, only in black. It fits right in his pocket and does a great job recording his daily steps.

Because it synchronizes with his computer, he can also see running totals for workouts and compete, sort of, with other people who own the same device. So of course he is challenging a friend daily. And winning, I'm sure. I'm somewhat tempted to get one but I'd get all frustrated when Jim would kick my butt every day. Another set of friends, who are sisters, are into some serious competition, too!

It has motivated me to get moving a bit. Just an itty bit on days when I don't have cardio kickboxing or just days where I can squeeze in some steps.

So I am doing it the old-fashioned way. Just walking with a friend and counting it as exercise. Got to walk at lunch today with one of my co-workers in my department and later took a 15-minute walk break with another co-worker who started when I did and had a week of training with me.

It was nice to get out and nice to spend a few minutes getting to know some new people. Just enjoying our itty bitty steps toward fitness.


No comments: