Monday, September 14, 2015

In A R-R-R-R-Rut


I laughed right out loud when I saw this today. It totally reminded me of my mom when we were growing up.

Probably doesn't help that all 8 of us kids have names that start with the letter R. Not kidding. My parents were LeRoy and Marlys and the 8 R's... Rayna, Romey, Renell, RoAnn, Ronald, Rachel, Robyn and Raylene.

So when Mom started yelling, it was a "Ray... Ro... Rah..." before getting to the correct name. Which of course would never be "Robyn." Why would an angel like me ever get yelled at?

I asked her once in a genealogy videotaped interview why she named all her kids with R. My witty mother answered, "I guess I was in a r-r-r-rut!" Funny girl. It really wasn't that uncommon to go that route. My cousins are a family of 5 L's. Our neighbor boys were Brad, Brian, Brent and Bryce. My nephew Tim has a clan of Tyler, Tyson, Trey and Teegan. Oh, and we have Casey, Clay and Carter and cousin Colin on Jim's side of the family.

So much for originality.

I still know who I'm yelling at though. Well, not yelling, just using The Voice, as my guys "affectionately" call it!

Ji... Car... Boys!!


No comments: