Friday, September 11, 2015

TGICF (Thank Goodness It's Comfort Food)

To make up for my absence yesterday afternoon, we had quite the busy day at work today. Had meetings scheduled but an "all hands on deck" project came up and we were facing a serious deadline.

So the company brought in lunch for us of tasty salads and sandwiches. Later, though, after 5 p.m., I crossed the line. While I have successfully held off crossing to the Pumpkin Side, I couldn't resist any longer.

Using the excuse I needed to get out of the office for a few minutes, I made a DQ run for the 3 of working later. I came back with their cool treats and a Pumpkin Pie Blizzard for me! 'Tis the season!

A woman can't live by pumpkin-flavored everything alone, but she will try!

It was sort of a comfort food/consolation prize for me. Since I ended up working until 7 p.m., I was unable to ride with hubby and friends up to Athens for the Assumption football game. I guess if I was going to be cold, I'd prefer that fake ice cream to 40-degree temps in the metal bleachers!

Hope the Royals heat up the field with a win, though! I gotta go turn my blankie on!



No comments: