Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Senior Moment :: "The Last Time..."


Thanks to Rapids not having any sort of decent sporting goods store, I got to spend an evening with my boy as we searched for spikes for his cross country shoes.

I'll take whatever time I can get!

We ended up going to MC Sports in Plover first. They didn't have spikes there but they did have information you Rapids folks may be interested to know. They are opening a store in the former Staples building next year so it will be 3 times as big as the one in Plover. Too bad it's happening when my son will no longer need athletic equipment!

From there, we trekked up the highway to Dunham's Sports in Stevens Point. We got lucky there. As we were walking out, I was remarking that I was glad we found them so we didn't have go to Appleton or something. Carter said, "You realize this is the last time we have to buy spikes. It's the last time we'll have to buy lots of things..."

No, no, no. We aren't having this conversation!

Later, when we luckily got to stop at King Cone before it closed, he says, "I will really feel bad if I have a lactose-intolerant kid someday who couldn't go get ice cream with his grandma."

Oh my gosh. Stop. Let's not jump from last cross country season to empty nest to grandparenthood all in one night.

Thankfully, I had some of that yummy Carrot Cake Ice Cream to help me cope. At this rate, I'll be the one putting on the Freshman 15 before my little boy even gets a college acceptance letter!


No comments: