Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Footprints :: Part Deux (or Duh)


We all know that famous poem called Footprints in the Sand or just Footprints. There are a variety of versions but they all have the same basic message: When we think we are walking alone through the tough times, the Lord is always there with us, actually carrying us.

Not to make light of the inspirational message, but here is the latest version of Footprints I came across.

One day Carter was walking along a running trail 
and noticed a odd set of single footprints in the gravel.

He said, 
"Lord, You said that once I decided to follow your pace,
You'd run with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my training,
there is only one set of footprints.

I don't understand why, when I needed You most, You would leave me."

The Lord replied, 

"Oh Carter, my precious child, I love you and I would
never leave you. During your times of trial and
suffering, when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you... 

because, well, you were wearing two different sizes of shoes."






True story.

Can you believe Carter just noticed yesterday that one of his running shoes was size 11 and the other was size 12? Yup. That might explain his struggles this season. Probably not completely, but still, a contributing factor.




So tonight after supper it was an emergency trip to ShopKo where, of course the one time we NEED running shoes, they aren't on sale. Well, not enough anyway. But whatcha gonna do? Anything's worth a shot.

Can't leave everything up to God, can we??

Now we'll just see if this helps trim back time on the course or if it was just more cash down the teenage money pit. I'll keep you posted.





No comments: