Thursday, September 24, 2015

Fall (Behind) Lineup


Remember when we had one chance to watch a show on TV and if we missed it, well, it was gone forever? I wouldn't have dreamed of missing Romper Room in the morning. What if I didn't watch and that was the one day she finally said my name??

She never did, by the way.

Decades later, when we realized we could use VHS tapes to record our shows, we occasionally allowed ourselves to miss something, as long as we had the programmable kind of machine (and we still kept our fingers crossed that it would kick in on time so we wouldn't miss Friends or Knots Landing).

Now, with "TiVo" and DVR'ing, it is easy to choose something else to do over television watching. A click of a button and it will record our important show while we get on with life. Then we just have to watch it before the DVR queue gets too full and starts deleting the "old" stuff.

This week was the main start of the fall season on most network and cable stations. Since I was busy every night doing work, going to nail parties and meetings, I have already started filling up the DVR space with Big Bang Theory, Modern Family, The Voice and some new show called Blind Spot, which looked intriguing. Not interesting enough to keep me up late at night, but I'm curious.

Since I got home at 9:30 tonight and have 5:40 a.m. class, I know I won't have time to catch any of these yet. Will have to see what "old" stuff I can delete to make space. Jim is just lucky that I haven't been recording the nightly airing of CHiPS. Oh yes, I am sorely tempted. I can't just watch it live with hubby in the same room. Don't need him catching me drooling.

At least I won't short-circuit the VCR!

Any recommendations for new shows that I may or may not have time to watch this season?


No comments: