Saturday, September 12, 2015

Keeping Pace


Perfect fall day to spend in the park... while running to various "viewing" spots to see out cross country runners! No relaxation there.

We had a fan bus go. Well 3 couples in an SUV heading over the Standing Rocks Park for the Stevens Point Invitational. Always a hike from parking to the race area, then around it to cheer on the Royals. And always worth it.

If you are wondering why the boys are gathered in the photo above, it's because they placed 2nd among small schools at the meet! Awesome! I don't think we were in contention at this meet last year, so this is a huge step up. They just keep rolling with the great performances!

The very new girls team keeps improving, too. They are getting better finishing times and seem to be enjoying it. Today was probably the biggest test when it comes to hills. Thankfully the weather was not any warmer. Low 60s is plenty warm for running.


Carter's finishing time was not nearly as good as last year at this same meet. So we're hoping he'll pick up the pace for the rest of the season.

Either way, I enjoy the meets, snapping a few photos and getting inspired to run again. When I have time. Got to see a few former co-workers today, too, and cheer on my favorite King Cone employee, who happens to be the daughter of one of those friends. Good time.

After the "fan van" stopped for lunch, Jim and I were dropped off at home and I had to head back into work for several hours. I think our big project is under control for the moment, so tomorrow I may just concentrate on keeping pace with Mr. Deck Chair.

Sunny and 70? Sounds like date weather to me!



No comments: