Monday, September 28, 2015

Memorable March

The crazy super moon eclipsed my interesting blog material from yesterday!

I traveled down to Warrens Cranberry Festival to watch Carter and the Assumption Marching Band in the parade. Since they were unit #63, I knew I could show up after the noon start, find a close parking spot and see them in time. I've had 4 years of practice. I have it down to a science!

It was a gorgeous day – a bit hot to be in band uniforms – so I got a ton of photos. Still haven't finished futzing with them yet, but here's a few.


They played the song "The Middle" by Jimmy Eat World. You would know it if you heard it.


They had plenty of dance moves, too. It was very entertaining. Right before they got to the turn off of Main Street, though, the parade came to a halt.


This is Carter's "are we seriously stopping the parade in this heat because a woman is giving birth?" face. Oh yes. Fact. About 2 units ahead of them, the ambulance was helping a pregnant shopper who was going into labor. I hope that she names it Warren, even if it's a girl!

I seriously hope Mom and baby are OK. I have it on good authority from Jingles the Clown that the woman was months early. So it was probably a scary situation. And no, I don't know why authorities would tell delicate info to a clown. But hey, this one is a friend so I believe he had the inside scoop!

So I took advantage of the pregnant pause in the parade and got a few photos. Here's Carter with his friend Emily.

And here he is with a few of the other senior brass-kickers, Olivia and Macie.

The parade really was only stalled maybe 15 minutes. I did a little shopping on my way out and this is all I bought, honest...


I swear I can stick to a budget, but not a diet. But dang, who can resist mini donuts? It's been years since I had them. And they got me all the way back to Rapids. With only sugar crumbs to spare.

Everybody loves a parade!



No comments: