Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Birthday Becky Home-Ec-y


Thank goodness for air conditioning or there's no way I could get any baking done in the summer. (Without causing a fight, that is.)

Not that I HAVE to bake. I just happen to love it and will jump at any excuse to do so. Usually it involves a potluck or, in many cases, my side job as the self-appointed Birthday Fairy at work.

Now that I have been on the job a year, we are coming into Round 2 of birthdays. I hate to make the same thing twice even if it's good. (That's why I often turn to my trifle bowl because I just make it up as I go, combining some of the flavors the birthday boy or girl likes.)

When I can't fulfill my duties for some reason, I have a backup BF (Birthday Fairy). Tomorrow is HER birthday, though, so I GET to make something. It didn't take me long to think of what she likes. I just had to find a way to incorporate it into a treat for everyone.

What does she like? Nutella. Yummers.

What did I make? A Nutella cake, sort of, that smells soooooo good. And well, after licking the spoons, I think it will taste good, too!

Gosh I love the Internet! I can get the basic idea for something and go my own way with it. I think I'll be frosting this one with cream cheese frosting and sprinkling on some chopped hazelnuts to stick with the Nutella theme.

Is your mouth watering yet? I'll let you know how it tastes.


September is the hot month for birthdays in our department. Lots of baking on the agenda. Might have to alternate cakes, bars and trifle bowl creations just to keep it fresh.

I sure hope everyone likes pumpkin and cranberries as much as me. I don't think I want to share my Nutella again!

(When you're the head BF you make the rules!)




No comments: