Monday, August 8, 2016

Belly Flop

If you are wondering if I am going to get anything done around the house during the Olympics, the answer is no. If you are wondering if I'll get 8 hours of sleep at night, the answer is unlikely. That darn NBC has to wait until the 10-11 p.m. hour to show the good stuff!

Tonight after kickboxing, I got home in time to catch the men's synchronized diving competition.

Who knew I was a such a fan? I just couldn't tear my eyes away from the TV screen! Not that I was watching for wardrobe malfunctions. I am just always amazed at how, uhm, fit these athletes are. Crazy! I don't think I could even handle a regular dive of any kind off even the lowest platform. I picture a belly flop and cringe at the painful thought.

I am amazed at the speed races – like swimming and running, eventually – but have to admire the strength of gymnasts and the stamina of athletes who don't have any rest. Can you imagine treading water the whole time you are fighting for a ball and trying to score a goal?

Marco! Polo!

Not for me. I've learned from my various runs that I never seem to have speed, strength and stamina at the same time.

That's why I'm on the couch eating my cheese popcorn ...and thanking the inventor of underwater cameras.



No comments: