Thursday, August 11, 2016

Obstructed View


I should have spent some time memorizing hubby's face before the Olympics started. Then I would have noticed before today that he got new glasses...

On Monday...

And he had to tell me.

Uh-oh. My laser focus has not been on the right objects! Didn't exactly make up for it tonight either.

We spent two long hours after work in the Verizon store getting phones switched over for, knock on wood, great service. Frankly, we are making the switch because it seems only Verizon works in Platteville. Believe me, our previous carrier didn't. So if Carter is switching, we all switch. Otherwise paying for two carriers on three lines is a mess and expensive.

Plus, it's still the Summer of Carter, as previously mentioned.

After getting home at 8:30-ish, I was tired and hungry and hoping to catch the ladies all-around gymnastics finals and some swimming finals. And set up things on our new phones, which apparently don't get the same signal in our neighborhood as the old ones. So add disappointed to my list of feelings tonight!

At least it was worth it to stay up and see Simone and Aly take Gold and Silver in gymnastics. I somehow avoided all spoilers today. Last I saw was something about them trailing Russia after two rounds. So it was a happy ending for me, too.

Now if only we could get our mobile technology figured out, then I'd be ecstatic.

First I better look around to see what else I missed this week!





No comments: