Sunday, August 14, 2016

Scattered Showers of Blessings

When you pack the vehicle with in-laws for a 3-hour drive to an outdoor wedding, the last thing you need is downpouring rain and humidity. But that's what we had yesterday for our trip to Mequon, near Milwaukee.

Jim's second cousin Samantha (a.k.a. Sam) was getting married at the River Club of Mequon, a very, very nice golf course. We had sporadic rain on the way down and we crossed our fingers that it would all drift away by the 3:30 p.m. ceremony.

The weather gods were smiling!

It was nice and sunny by the time I was hanging out with these sharp-dressed men beforehand.

Casey drove his own vehicle because was going to be staying overnight at a friend's house nearby (sort of). Our CRV – with Jim and his dad in front seat and his mom, sister Sherry and me in the backseat – was doing a roundtrip.

The ceremony was set up on the golf course with a weeping willow as a backdrop, so that was pretty.


Grandparents of the bride – Jim's Uncle Joe and Aunt Janice.

Jim's cousin Jeff walks the bride down the aisle (with videographer on their heels).

Sam's brother Jake does a reading.

You may now kiss the bride!

Look up in the sky... it's a bird, it's a plane... it's a helicopter carrying the newlyweds back to the golf course!

I didn't realized they left the grounds after the pictures were taken following the ceremony. That was a grand re-entrance! I asked Adam, the groom, who set up that sweet ride. He smiled and said, "I might have had something to do with that." How cool.

So of course they can enter the reception wearing their matching aviator shades. Because, yeah, they are that cool!

Had a fun evening with the Austin side of the family and got home before midnight even!

Today Carter and I went church at Robinson Park in town. Every August we have worship in the park followed by a potluck and fabulous prizes. Mother Nature smiled on us again with a dry worship service. And to top it off, today my fabulous prize was a $5 gift card for King Cone!

I can't make that up.

Carter and Jim were both gone for most of the afternoon so I took a cue from Mother Nature and figured I better bond with Mr. Deck Chair a bit. I was multi-tasking, finishing the book for our church book study. Since we are wrapping it up with the final 3 chapters instead of just one, I got some good bonding time in!

Had some freelance work to do (indoors) and, thus, my FitBit only reads 748 steps today. (OK, I did forget to put it on until about 4 p.m.!)

Won't get any more steps, though, since my work is done and I have some Rio action to catch up on!



No comments: