Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Hump Day Headlines


When Size Matters: In case you're wondering what a team of 94 family members and friends looks like, this was our Running to Remember Ben group from this past weekend. Isn't that amazing? All supporting Ben's survivors and organ donation efforts. So blessed to be a part of it! (Oh and if you are looking for the mister and me, we are on the right third of the picture, both wearing red shirts, not next to each other, though.)

Countdown to College: Now I can officially say that in one month, we are moving Carter in and saying goodbye. If you are wondering if we'll be squeezing in a bunch of time with the boy, the answer is, it is not up to us. Jim and I have called this "the Summer of Carter." Even though he works a few hours 6 days a week, he is certainly having a blast with friends. We may have to seriously bribe him for time, or resort to kidnapping. Pretty sure I can't pick him up and toss him over shoulder any more. Ideas?

Community Fun: Our community foundation hosted a FREE community picnic downtown this afternoon and evening. And when I say FREE, I mean FREE. All kinds of vendors from pizza and corn on the cob to egg rolls and shaved ice where there to provide FREE food to the public. I stopped in after a retirement dinner for a co-worker. So I didn't need to eat. I was just there to visit. Saw countless people I knew and I pretty much hadn't seen all summer. So it was worth stopping. Didn't even mind that they were already out of Dilly Bars. Honest!

I guess I should log off and go to bed before my nose grows any longer...

No comments: