Sunday, August 7, 2016

Day of Rest for Real This Time

Sunday... new week... new ambitions... Then this happened...



For real, I had all intentions of getting in a good run after church. Came home and figured I better get my Saturday chores done first. So dusted, swept, vacuumed. Watched Olympics for only like 10 minutes, I swear.

Went outside to see if it was still cool, then realized I hadn't finished fixing my rock garden area after the driveway was done. I had moved the 35-pound bricks out of the way beforehand and returned those in place last Saturday. Today I put flowers out there and finally "installed" my birthday gift from my twin – a pretty garden flag and two ceramic mushrooms (purple and yellow, of course).

By then it was too hot and hubby was home from church. When I saw him nod off in the chair while watching golf, I thought that looked like a good idea.

Honestly, I don't know why I was exhausted but my body must have needed that hour-long nap! Needless, to say, I went to a graduation party late this afternoon with creases on my face from the pillow. Yup, I slept hard!

Had a party at Lake Wazeecha for Carter's friend and classmate Emilie. Our last grad party of the summer as the "kids" are now counting down to college and treasuring these last moments together.

Got home from the party and thankfully my neighbor was about to walk her dog so I couldn't resist finally getting some steps. Got back home with one minute to spare before night-time Olympic coverage. I had to stay off Internet and social media today so I wouldn't see spoilers on some of the finals tonight for swimming and qualifying for women's gymnastics.

Have to say I was inspired to see a 41-year-old gymnast from Uzbekistan competing in her 7th Olympics. Wow. I am stuffing my face with graduation cake and wondering why I wouldn't have a prayer of qualifying. Other than the fact I have no – and never had any – gymnastic ability. Besides, at 5-foot-2 and a quarter, I am too tall.

Curse my towering height!

OK, commercials are done. Back to the tape-delayed "live" action! Go USA!




No comments: