Saturday, April 15, 2017

April Showers and Stuff


The rain shortened campfires on Blue Jay Drive two evenings in a row. Last night, Carter and Company came indoors earlier than planned. Tonight, the grownups were enjoying this fine Vikings fire (I can see Purple and Gold, can't you?) across the street when it started showering again.

That's OK. I had to collaborate with the Easter Bunny for a bit anyway.

Didn't time today after running around all day at core-strength-tabata class, then book club, then Assumption softball brat fry, then walk with my furry boyfriend Buddy and his mommy Cindy, then bonding with Mr. Deck Chair.

I didn't hang out with him too long, though. It was mostly cloudy today ... with a chance of humidity. Actually, really humid, which was weird for April. I ended up sitting in the recliner and finishing Finding Audrey and will not choose that for my book club. Need to find something different for June. (And for my friend Audrey – it was an OK book but missing depth and complete plot line, in my humble opinion.)

This evening, hubby and I took Carter out to eat at Jennings downtown. They have quite the selection of burgers there. Carter had a Pizza Burger where 2 mini pizzas served as the "bun" with a burger between them. Yum. I had the Pineapple Express Burger, which had a strange combination of a burger topped with maple bourbon soy glaze and sriracha, peanut butter, grilled pineapple, cilantro on top on a toasted pretzel bun to create some unique yumminess. Weird, yes. But tasty, yes!

Got home and enjoyed some time around the fire and realized that I didn't "work" all day. Yay. Finally, a day of rest. Tomorrow is supposed to be mid-60s and sunny and no April showers.

So I might just get some things done outside... or make sure Mr. Deck Chair has a happy Easter, too.

No comments: