Saturday, April 8, 2017

Finally... Play Ball!

Finally, after what seemed like a delayed start to the season, we could hear the words "Play Ball!" at Witter Field.

Today Assumption opened their season with a double-header at home versus nearby Nekoosa. The weather was just about perfect. Almost 70 degrees, not a cloud in the sky (until later) but breezy enough there was no chance of getting too hot. Well, unless you're playing or just sitting in the sun.

I took advantage of the nice weather and a daytime game to get pictures. Well, a ton of pictures. By the time we won the first game and were part way into the second, I headed home with a couple hundred frames to look at it.

I wanted to get a picture of each player at bat, running bases and fielding. Did pretty good and even got a few pinch runners. As it got cloudier and darker during the second game, I knew my pictures wouldn't turn out that great anyway. So I do have a few pictures of pitchers to nab yet this season.

While I narrowed it down to just 60 some photos I posted on Facebook, I will just share a few of my favorites here.

Well obviously the coaching staff first. Ha. Probably Coach Austin won't be thrilled I sneaked a few of him!

 One of my favorite pitching shots.

 One of my favorite actions shots... Safe at second!

And my favorite of the day... Safe at home – and somehow did not get stepped on with those flying cleats!

The Royals ended up winning both games so that is a great way to start off the season. Now that we are officially underway, we have a lot of innings ahead in April and May. Unfortunately, in the next 10 days anyway, Mother Nature is not going to be as kind as she was today.

I knew there was a reason to snap away today. Warm hands and dry camera. Then again, there will be 20 more opportunities yet the spring.

Play ball!

No comments: