Thursday, April 20, 2017

Throwback (Way Back) Thursday


An old friend shared this photo on Facebook today as part of "Throwback Thursday." And when I say Old friend, I mean 40 years (what??). And when I say Throwback, I mean way, way, way back. Like circa 1977 (what??)

How could that be when I wasn't born yet? Hahaha.

Can you tell which one is me? Here's a hint.... I am the center of attention, as always! If the patterns on the couch and the blouses and the wrapping paper don't blind you, you can also find my twin wearing the lovely red floral number in front, at right.

This was a birthday party for my old friend Kelly (striped shirt next to Raylene), who enjoyed presents from the Oak Hill gang... as in non-violent, non-gang-like students at the two-room country school we all attended in rural Luck (yes, that's an oxymoron). In fact, that is probably all the girls in second and third grade. Yes, all.

It's always fun to see the historical images.

Now I am at the age where I can say life was simpler back then. Heck, the pattern on the throw pillow didn't even have to match the stylish sofa.

Of course, I didn't appreciate the simple life for what it was. Now I can see why each generation feels like the one after them is missing out. We grow old. Well, older anyway, and realize how good we had it.

We have it good now, too. Just stop and appreciate it. Maybe thank someone from the previous generation for what they gave you. If nothing else, we've got fuzzy photos and hopefully clearer memories.


No comments: