Saturday, April 1, 2017

No Foolin'

I was on high alert today knowing my high degree of gullibility doesn't mix well with the April Fool's holiday. Was pleasantly surprised that, as far as I know, I was not pranked in any way.

Especially by Mother Nature. She definitely followed through on the promise of a spring-like day! In fact, there were a lot of signs of spring today.

The Assumption baseball team had a brat fry fundraiser at the west-side IGA today. Was there to help with set up, hang the new banner I designed (above) and see if hubby or any of the other coaches needed assistance. They had it under control so I was back home to get some freelance work done.

A little after noon I went back into town and got brats (for Tony and me) at the baseball fundraiser then crossed town to the east-side IGA and picked up drinks and dessert at the softball tournament team brat fry fundraiser. Gotta support the teams!

When I got home, I quickly realized the spring day was getting a bit summery. I put up no resistance when Mr. Deck Chair kidnapped me for a good hour. Yes, it was seriously that nice out. By my standards anyway.

Sunny and 60 works for me! I did feel a bit guilty for being lazy and decided to get a walk/run in. Thanks to Mother Nature, no excuse it was too cold or rainy. Got 4 miles in, alternating running for 2 songs and walking for 1. Whatever works, right? All the steps still count.

That was the extent of my motivation. Hubby and I were both pretty tired today after our late night out so even the combination of fresh spring air and caffeine was not going to get any house- or yard-work done. Maybe tomorrow.

I did accomplish finishing our book club selection for April. We are reading The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah. I have read a lot of books related to WWII. This one was the story of two sisters in France. No spoilers but I read it on my Kindle and pretty much bawled through the last 10%.

So now I need to switch to something light and happy before I go to bed. I could probably let Mr. Recliner kidnap me to watch an episode of Big Bang Theory with Jim. But that sounds like too much work to get back out of the chair.

Spring is in the air. Not in my step. Probably could just go to bed. No one can prank me while I'm sleeping, right?

Shhhh.... Don't give him any ideas!

No comments: