Sunday, April 2, 2017

Work Horse


After feeling like a work horse lately, I did take Sunday off as a day of rest – as strongly advised.

In fact, I almost decided to sleep in a be super lazy. I was so tired I kept hitting the snooze and soon there was no snooze. I ended up getting up and out of bed at 7:22 a.m. for 8 a.m. church. I showered quick and pulled a flat iron through my hair a few times and was off. Wouldn't you know today was the one day I got 3 compliments on my hair?

No kidding. I can make bed head work somehow. Might have to try that on a week day.

Came home and got my "Saturday chores" done. I was also going to do some major cleaning in my office but then sat down in Mr. Recliner and discovered I had a Valentine's movie and at least 3 Christmas movies still DVR'd from the Hallmark Channel. So I buzzed through the Valentine's one and cleared that off – and will have to hit those holiday ones later.

I did get some work done in the office and thought perhaps I could look through and organize some papers while watching Orange is the New Black on the computer. Needless to say, my productivity slowed waaaaay down. But I caught up on 3 more episodes.

Pretty much all I have to show for my day is clean floors, lots of paper in the recycling box, more than 8,000 steps on my FitBit (thanks to a short walk with neighbor) and a little more space on my desk.

Oh, and this picture. I actually took it while walking to our friends' house on Friday night and forgot to ever look at it. It's a nice friendly horse over on 64th street. I always say hello to it and the cattle it hangs with when I go walking or running by.

I would love a nice dark silhouette of the horse against a pretty sunset but the timing wasn't right. I'll take what I can get and try again when I have ambition. For now, this work horse is still on break.

No comments: