Wednesday, April 26, 2017

For a Good Cause


Register today for the 2017 Tracks for Tina 5K to benefit the Tina Livernash Memorial Scholarship!

Once again this will be held in conjunction with the Assumption Royal Event the weekend of May 19-21! Register by May 1 to get a cool T-shirt designed by yours truly. (This poster gives a little clue as to the design.) If you want to register, let me know and I will email you a form!

This cause is near and dear to me because my BFF Christine created this scholarship and event to honor her cousin Tina, who was murdered on April 17, 1994. The crime remains unsolved. Although it has been 20-plus years, she is never far from the thoughts of family, friends and other loved ones. I never got the chance to know her since I moved to Wisconsin Rapids in 1995, but I am an "adopted" member of the Livernash family. And feel blessed to say so.

Consider supporting this event. I will be helping with pre-race activities, then jetting up north for a bridal shower for my future niece. So even if you can't walk or run it either, doesn't mean you can't register or donate to the cause. A lot needy kids get scholarships each year.

Help Tina's legacy as a lively, loving, caring Royal live on.

No comments: