Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Southern Soaking

Apparently all that rain earlier this week did a number on Adams County, just to the south of us in Wood County. I happened to drive through there today on my way to and from a work conference in Wisconsin Dells.

Heading down south on Highway 13 at 7 in the morning, I was not camera ready. But I remembered for later and I snapped some pictures on the way back in midafternoon. Sorry these are blurry but I was just holding my camera phone with the window down, snapping pictures at 55 mph with my eyes on the road. Seriously, eyes on the road. Saw way too many dead skunks!

A look at the southern (from here) soaking...

Luckily the driveway is still usable at this place.

Roadside fields full of water.

Ditches full, too!

Not sure where there was water they were pumping from and why it was being dumped into one of the already full ditches.

Road was completely covered with water on the way south this morning. Looks like – from the afternoon view – the warmer temps are drying it out a bit.

Thank goodness only the sign, not my actual ice cream stop, is threatened by high water.

Ironically, they are selling "lake property." Do ditches count?

Now that I am home safely, I'll have to start paying closer attention to the creek in our backyard. If I see ducks, a water pump or a new real estate sign, then I'll know to get out the umbrella and sandbags.


No comments: