Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Right Place, Right Time

Went straight from work to a meeting at church this evening. Our church is located on the east side of the Wisconsin River, less than 6 blocks in. When I got out of the meeting after 7:30 p.m., it was getting dark so the bright pink in the sky to the west immediately caught my attention.

Of course, the first thing I thought was where could I get a decent, unobstructed view for a picture! So down to the river bank I flew. (Within speed limit naturally.)

I was hoping to get a dark silhouette of something against the sunset. It wasn't quite dark enough and the colors were too far away, across the river, and too low to the horizon. I knew from my experience of "just missing" all kinds of sunset pictures, that I might as well hang around because it would disappear fast.

Light enough that you can see the houses over there and the water tower. I really wanted the water tower to stick out. I also knew if I drove across the river to get closer, I'd probably miss the whole thing.
So I stayed. And before you know it, the pinks reflecting in the water were being replaced by the street lights and yard lights. Still, so pretty though!

Crazy vibrant, isn't it? You don't even have to Photoshop colors in. God already had that handled.

Not the best pictures from my phone, but I stayed long enough for the last bright pink to drop down the horizon. All told, it was 10 minutes.

Feel blessed I was in the right place at the right time. Thank you, God. I really needed that treat this week!


No comments: